Tuesday 14 August 2012

Another Layout

Last Friday my friends and I got together to scrap a bit so I managed to catch up on a few layouts. This is one I did For Paper Secrets "August Song Lyrics" Challenge. I have always wanted to use this song for a layout but just never sat down and got it started. This challenge made me do so.  Another added bit to the challenge was to use Echo park items if possible so I used Echo Park "Paradise" papers.  Here is my layout:


I used inspiration from the song "In My Daughters Eyes" by Martina McBride.   Here are the lyrics...

In my daughter's eyes I am a hero
I am strong and wise and I know no fear
But the truth is plain to see
She was sent to rescue me
I see who I wanna be
In my daughter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes everyone is equal
Darkness turns to light and the
world is at peace
This miracle God gave to me gives me
strength when I am weak
I find reason to believe 
In my daughter's eyes

And when she wraps her hand
around my finger
Oh it puts a smile in my heart
Everything becomes a little clearer
I realize what life is all about

It's hangin' on when your heart
has had enough
It's giving more when you feel like giving up
I've seen the light
It's in my daugter's eyes

In my daughter's eyes I can see the future
A reflection of who I am and what will be
Though she'll grow and someday leave
Maybe raise a family
When I'm gone I hope you see how happy
she made me
For I'll be there
In my daughter's eyes


It is one of my favorite songs and really hits home with the lyrics since my daughter was a miracle to begin with and within the first 6 month of her little life helped me to get through one of the toughest tragedies of mine. I remember spending the hours just staring into her little brown eyes and all the sadness of the day would melt away.  

Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. Angela

7 comments:

Words and Pictures said...

Such a pretty layout for a beautiful girl!
Alison x

Debbie P said...

What a lovely layout! She is a beauty for sure. Great job!

Brenda said...

Very pretty and this is one of my favorite songs! Great lyrics! I love that you added the one photo of just your daughters eyes...goes well with the lyrics!

Rochelle Spears said...

Beautiful!!!

Kelly said...

What a great song for the photos!! Love your take on the challenge! :)

Kerys said...

Gorgeous page! Love those photos! Thanks for joining us at Paper Secrets :-)

Susie said...

so glad my challenge motivated you to do such a gorgeous layout! thanks for playing along