Friday 20 April 2012

I'm Back

From a long holiday and ready to get back into things. It was so relaxing in Oahu that I almost wish I could move there. So many beautiful beaches to see amazing breathtaking scenery when hiking it was fabulous. But now we are back in reality, Back to work, school and all the other in betweens throughout the day. Of course i am still adjusting to the jet lag and have completely forgotten my days......Silly me , I am late for the challenge over at The Stamp Man! this weeks theme is "Shabby Chic and/or Distressed. I think I may have used both. I started out wanting a Shabby Chic feel but think it went more into distressed. What do you think?


The Background began with a white piece of card. I then colored it using Starburst stains and Distress Stains. Once I got the desired color a muted green with pink tints, I stamped randomly along the edge with my floral stamps(i did not use a block as I only wanted partial images. Once this set for a little bit I used a baby wipe and paper towel to remove some leaving a muted image. the photos are edged using Picket fence Distress stain. I have really gotten hooked on the vellum flowers so I once again made some this time using the Starburst stains to color them. If you want to find out how to make them you can go to the post here where I explained them. They are very easy. The butterflies are stamped on vellum and embossed clear. I then used the distress stains to add some color. Cut them out and put in place.

My team mates have also created some wonderful projects to help inspire you. You can see them at The Stamp Man Challenge blog where you can also link up your project and enter the Stamp Man Challenge. One lucky winner gets a great voucher to use in The Stamp Man's online shoppe. So don't delay. We cannot wait to see them.

On another note I will try to post some Pics soon of Oahu. Just need to finish uploading them. Thanks for stopping by and have a great day. Angela



Materials used:
White card
Prima leaves
Aspects of Design stamp set On Gossamer wings
Paper doily
Tule

3 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

I agree Angela I think you have combined both here, but it is predominantly shabby chic and beautiful too. Love the layout and the use of DSs on the edges of photos, must try that I usually use paint.
Sounds like you had a wonderful holiday, so glad it was a relaxing time with beautiful scenery.
Have a great weekend.
hugs {brenda} xox

Carol said...

It's a gorgeous layout Angela, love the vellum flowers.
Sounds like you had a great time in Oahu. Carol x

sam21ski said...

Glad you had a fab holiday Angela. Lovely to have you back and with such a fantastic layout. Love the vellum flowers.

Sam xxx