Wednesday 4 May 2011

Vintage Brooch Swap for A Swap for all Seasons

I once again signed up to partake in Linda's seasonal swap over at A Swap for all Seasons. Now for anyone who does not know, Linda runs some of the most unique and fun filled swaps around. The theme of the swap this time was "Vintage Brooches" and we had to send our partner a Brooch with some creative packaging. I was paired with the lovely and amazingly talented Jan from right here in the UK. Now my parcel from Jan was waiting for me when I returned home from holiday on last Thursday but I dare not open it until Jan received her parcel from me as I wanted to be fair. It was a hard wait but so worth it when I received Jan's email this morning I ran downstairs to open my parcel.


In the parcel I found this beautifully decorated book box.......

Now inside was even more tantalizing goodies and let me tell you the beautiful aroma of Lavender just floated out as I opened everything! Here is the beautiful tag she made for me. Don't you just love the details....

And behind the tissue wrap.....


A beautifully delicate Daisy stick pin holding together a wonderfully embroidered masterpiece.


Could it get any better......


Oh Yeah!


Inside that was a beautiful hand made pillow with Vintage lace, little blue paper flowers, buttons, paper and sewn embellishments and my beautiful Vintage Brooch Jan had picked out for me(I will show a closeup of that in a bit)


but wait there is more....inside the packaging was also a beautiful vintage embroidery book and sachet of seeds. I cannot believe all the work Jan went through for this swap. It is amazing and even more beautiful in person.



And as promised here is the closeup of the brooch she sent me. Isn't it lovely with the little jeweled flowers and it's a Shoe! how perfect is that!




Now you might be wondering what I sent to Jan......




Well the packaging was a purse I made using the fabric dying techniques I have been playing around with lately. The purse frame is made using Tim Holtz grungeboard. the fabric is then sewn onto the outside and inside.(a little different than the other I made using TH stains) The clasp is a bracelet clasp I altered to do the job.


I stamped and coloured the fabric using Tim holtz stamps altered with Promarkers.


I added the brooch(a Perfume bottle with purple moonstone) to a little handmade laced pillow with beaded accents, flowers and stamped paper bits.


that was then wrapped in stamped tissue paper and placed in the purse.




And placed in a hand made lace bag tied with a bit of trim and an altered ATC card keeping with the theme.


Now to see more closeup details you can pop on over to Jan's blog here , while you are there you can check out some of her amazing works of art. You can also visit the "A Swap for all Seasons " blog here to see some of the other swap participants goodies.


Thanks for popping in and have a lovely day!


Angela








I can say that this was another wonderful swap and I got an amazing swap partner and friend out of it. thanks Jan for all you amazingly detailed work. I just love everything. thanks also to Linda for hosting another well thought out, organized fun swap. I cannot wait till the next one.

10 comments:

Jan said...

Thank you again SO much Angela for being the perfect partner. I hadn't realised that you had stamped and coloured the fabric for the little purse....... even more wonderful! xx

Kathy McElroy said...

what beautiful pins and presentations.

Pam said...

Both brooches are lovely and the presentations are also. Love the little purse you made. I'm a fan of purples.

sam21ski said...

What a fabulous exchange of gifts xxx

Meggymay said...

Wow, what a fabulous swap you both had, everything looks gorgeous. Yvonne x

Brenda Brown said...

You both created such beautiful things - what a lovely swap idea.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Linda said...

Oh how I love that shoe brooch! And her packaging took my breath away... all that vintage goodness! The handmade purse you made for Jan is really amazing! And the perfume brooch is stunning! Love it all!

mary pernula said...

I love your perfume brooch. Have a happy Mother's Day, hugs Mary

Michele's Treasures, Teacups, and Tumbling Rose Cottage said...

What a delight! Beautiful brooch. ; )
~Michele

Wendy said...

I just love both the brooch you sent and the one you received.......so pretty......