Tuesday 10 May 2011

A few cards


The Challenge this fortnight over at The Stampman challenge blog is Poppies....You must add a Poppy somewhere in your project. Janet is also collecting cards from anyone willing to donate them to use in a Fundraiser for the Skipton British Legion you can find out details about that here. Of course I only have one stamp that is Poppy related but I do like my card even though it is simple. I started on the one above then opted for more red related tones and went with the one below but when finished with that one I did not like it much so I went back to the original. I just cannot make up my mind.
For the one above I used Prima papers. I stamped the Poppy stamp (Got it at the Stamp Man)using black Perfect Medium and embossed with clear EP. I then coloured the poppies with red Promarker. I layered it on the reverse side of the paper and also on some 7 Gypsies scrap paper with music. Lastly added the ribbons from my stash. I liked the Pinks and Greens that came through the stems and un-embossed portions.

For this version I inked the same stamp with Black Perfect Medium and then used Tim Holtznew reverse script stamp and inked off some of the ink. I then inked and embossed using clear ep. I used Basic grey and 7 gypsies papers and a Tim Holtz "Cherish Charm" with some lace under it like wings. The pearls are from kaiser.

So now the big question..Which do you like better?
I am entering the Top one with the brighter colours into the Stamp Man "Poppy" Challenge, but Janet I will be sending you both cards for your fundraiser.

Nextly a big thank you to all that left such lovely comments on my big news post yesterday. Some of you had asked what time it will be on for the 31 and that I am not sure of. I saw Dawns schedule is 2-4 so I wold assume it would be somewhere in that time frame on the QVC craft show. If I find out any differently I will post it. Only 21 more days to go...I am sure my nerves will get the better of me by then.

On a side note......I have to tell you I am so mad at Microsoft Internet explorer right now. I have been having problems reading some blogs for quite awhile now but it was very random. Only the top part of the blog would come up in IE but no content. I had figured out that I could read them in Google Chrome so I would just read those there as all my bookmarks and such are in IE. Well now my blog had done it to me too. It crossed to the point of no return with IE so I have been forced to move to Google Chrome for all my blog work. It is such a pain because I had my browser customised for easy working. This all went south on Sunday and I could not even leave comments on blogs using IE anymore. After several hours of research on the subject I just opted for the easier solution....Switch Browsers. So my gripe is Whey does Microsoft have to be so annoying. Can't they just play nice in the sandbox with all the other tools......
If I have not been around to visit your blog lately this is partly the reason and I dearly apologise. Now that I have switched my browsers I am hoping to get caught up on my reading and commenting soon.

Now to go off and get caught up a bit in that.
Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day.
Angela

9 comments:

Brenda Brown said...

These are both gorgeous Angela in different ways. As for my preference I would have to say the second one - just because it has a more vintage feel to it.
When I had IE problems with blogger I went over to firefox for a while but when I checked back a few days later it had all sorted itself out - weird huh?
Take care.
luv and hugs {brenda} xoxox

Zoechaos said...

Gorgeous Poppy cards love them both so different amazing what you can do with a stamp :) XOXO Zoe

sam21ski said...

Fab couple of cards Angela. Love the top one.

Sam xxx

http://sam21ski.blogspot.com/

Deb said...

I love both of these cards.....they look super.

georgina said...

Your cards are wonderful, loving your blog too,luv Georginax

Jan said...

Love the cards Angela... beautiful designs. And what great exciting news about your win... Must watch out for you!!!!!
Have been without my pc for the last week ... it crashed with a virus and had to go away. Have got it back today and am having to re-figure it and find everything again. Stressful or what!!

Meggymay said...

Both your cards are beautiful, it would be hard to say which I likes best. Yvonne xx

Lisa said...

Oh, they're both gorgeous! I love the colours on both. Thanks for joining us at The Stamp Man challenge.

Unknown said...

Really beautiful x Thanks for playing along with my Poppy challenge at The Stamp Man x As you know I have had the same problems but managed to import all my bookmarks quite easily and its soooooo fast! so that's it I'm done with IE Janet