Tuesday 5 April 2011

Such an inspiring day!

Today a friend came over and craft a bit with me. We had planned on playing around with my Adirondack Inks and some fabric. The results were very inspiring.....


That was just the first try. later I decided to play around on my own and create something for The Stamp Man Fortnightly challenge so this is my project.....


I absolutely love it. I used some spare satin and dyed it using My Tim Holtz Stains. I then used a used a template and water to create a slight pattern. (Better seen in a photo further down.)The handle is made from Tim holtz fabric trims coloured with the same stains lined with some wire. The flower is cut from Tim Holtz Tattered florals and Satin dyed with the lightest of the stains I used. It is then threaded together with wire and a Tim Holtz gear as the center. It is sat upon a Tim Holtz Flourish die trimmed with gold foil. the purse clasp is covered with a Tim Holtz metal charm adorned with some gems.

Above is a picture of the pattern on the purse and below is the inside lining I made of dyed satin. the purse frame is made from Tim Holtz Grungeboard.

I am entering this in the Stamp man challenge #19 " Anything Tim"


Thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day. Angela

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Stunning Angela - What a fabulous anything Tim project and I love your colour and fabric experiments - gorgeous colours x Thanks for playing along at The Stamp Man x Janet

Zoechaos said...

Fabulous the effect of croc skin is amazing and the whole piece great fun! XOXO Zoe

georgina said...

WOW and WOW again,how clever is this Angela,it's amazing, luv Georginax

Heidi said...

truly inspirational, I came over to your blog to say thanks for reminding me to pop a link on for the sponsor at 'try it on tuesday', which i have now done. And I was met by this phenomenon. It's beautiful, I must have a go at this, and I have become a follower. Hugs Heidi xx