Thursday 2 December 2010

Tim Holtz 12 tags Day 1 and 2

I love snow days. I have been up in my craft room all day playing. Here are my version of Tim Holtz 12 Tags of Christmas Day 1 and 2. To see Tims just hop over to his blog here.


Tag number 1 background is Dyans Dylusions Sky Blue Pearl Mica Spray Spritzed with White Perfect pearls and water. When dry I stamped Tims snowflake stamps with Broken China ink and embossed with Moonglow Silver moon. Since I did not have any of the dies I decided to hand cut my house and Fence. For the house I then topped it with a sheet of double sided adhesive from Woodware and then used small bits cut from Tim Holtz Lost and found Idealology papers. I stuck the bits on as bricks and roof tiles then covered all excess adhesive with Moonglow EP Silver moon Turquiose. I then added Picket fence Distressed Crackle paint as snow to the house and fence. When dry I topped that with Glossy accents and Glitter flocking. To make the tree I took jute and threaded thin floral wire through the center then twisted into place and accented with Picket Fence distrss crackle paint. the wreath on the door is done with Pine needle and Fired Brick Distress Stickles. the Title is stamped with a freebie Christmas stamp and held in place with a twisted wire. The lace is dyed using Broken china Distress ink and water then threaded with blue ribbon. the metal snowflake charms are made from flattening bead caps and layering with small crystal beads on thin wire. I really like the way this one came out.

For tag number 2, I used Pine needles and Brushed Corduroy Distress ink for the branch. The stamp is one from Tim Holtz Christmas collections. I then embossed with Angel Wings gold Moon glow EP. I used Tim Holtz Merry Christmas stamp inked with Aged Mohogany Distress Ink then embossed it with Angel Wings gold Moon glow EP. the background is Broken China and Dusty Concord Distress ink then stamped withTim Holtz Christmas Carol music stamp in Black soot Distress Ink and Tim holtz Flourish stamp with Pine needles Distress Ink. I added the belles using floral wire and Bedazzles around the ribbon hole.

Thanks for stopping by and have a great night. Angela

3 comments:

Basement Stamper said...

Wow, the hand cut fence and house is gorgeous!! Beautiful tag.

Lynne said...

Love your take on T!ms tags Angela, fab. All that work cutting the bricks and fence out, worth it though. I agree its great being able to craft all day while the snow is around. Take care. Love Lynn xx

Erica said...

The matchboxes you received are so pretty! I'm lovin' your tags! And look at all that snow.