Sunday 3 October 2010

I love a rainy day....

Especially on a weekend once in awhile because it lets me slow down and spend a bit of time in my craft room with my daughter just playing around. Today we worked on some ATC's. Here are the 4 I did for the ATC Swappers October swap. I lover making Halloween stuff so I think I will make another 4 too later in the week if I have time.


It is hard to see but the all have a lot of flocking on them.that is why they look like the are not stamped very clear. It is just the flocking effect. I wanted to use my new Tim Holtz stamps for some. I also used stamps from Stampin Up, Little Yellow Bicycle and Close to My Heart. the flock is from Doodle Bug and Stampendous. to colour the cards I used Distress inks and Gesso. I also used Making Memories flocking and foil kit rub ons for the house, witch and some word images and Stickles accents. For the card with the jar I stamped with Stazon on plastic packaging then used alcohol inks for colouring and cut out.

Here is a closeup of the cards to see a bit of the flocking. Some of it locks like glitter but that is just a reaction from the flash on the camera.


finally I have a few pictures to post from the Chinese State Circus. We took Belle on Wednesday and all had a wonderful time even though it poured rain. Unfortunately I did not get good pictures as we could not use a flash during the show. I modified my camera setting but these are the best I could get. Most of the others were very dark as the lights were low and there was a lot of movement , a combination that does not work well together.




The Acrobatics were splendid to watch quite amazing. Especially the girls. Well I am afraid that is all I have right now so I will return to my crafting until later. I have to finish up my matchboxes. Thansk for stopping by and have a wonderful day. Angela

5 comments:

Poppet said...

Great ATCs Angela loving all the flocking and foiling. I will have to think about the Halloween ATCs. I have an idea but I don't know if I have the inclination. I've only just finished the September ones.

The circus looks great and I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. :-) xx

Dawnll said...

Such wonderful ATC's love all the little details.
Oh I bet your daughter had a great time at the circus...such great memories

Andrea said...

Great ATCs. Love the cicus photos.

Linda Brun said...

Thankyou for nice visit in my blog.
Great ATC's. Halloween is not a big tradition in Norway so I love looking at these...
Just let me know if you want to have an ATC swap with me and I'm in. You choose the theme... :-))
Linda

Sandy Ang said...

Such great Halloween ATCs ! And your circus pics are fantastic.