Monday 14 June 2010

Craft Den Anything Goes challenge #2


Well I guess I should read all the directions on a challenge before hopping into it. I created this first card for the Anything Goes challenge from the Craft Den only to realise when posting it that I did not read all the directions. the challenge was Pearls and lace which I did but I missed the part with the colours Pink and Cream. Silly me..... thats what I get for not paying attention. this card was for a teacher at school any way and I think she is more of a red than pink so it worked out. So after I realised my oops Icreated a second card with the correct colours.


The Roses are really easy to make. You just take lace and stitch it around in a circle pulling in another loop each time for the bottom layer. then the second and third layers you stitch in and out through the middle of the lace and pull tight then pull the smallers layer tight and up through the middle. Reverse the flower and stitch the 2 layers togeher. Then you can add a bit of colour using ink or watered down acrylic paint. For this second card I added pink to it.
For the paper on the challenge card I used Best creation. For the paper on the oops card I used GCD studios paper I got from the Craft Den it is flocked and really nice The lace is from there as well. The pearls are from Kaiser Kraft and the leaves are prima and the stamp sentiment is inkadinkado. Ribbons are from my stash. Hope you enjoy both. thanks for stopping by and have a wonderful day. Angela








2 comments:

Poppet said...

Both cards are beautiful Angela. The chic black and white card with a splash of red and the delicate pink and cream card with the stunning lace flower. :-) xx

flutterbycrafter said...

Wow, beautiful cards, love the flowers, what a great idea. thanks for joining in Anything Goes challenge.