Thursday 11 March 2010

Challenges


Well I worked a bit on some challenges today. This card is for Totally Papercrafts weekly challenge in which the Theme is mothers day or special lady and Basic Greys Fortnight challenge which was to use a sketch below as inspiration. Being my mother is not with us anymore I decided to make this card with a very special friend in mind.
She has been going through some tough times and I think It will be nice to send to her. For the card I used Basic grey porcelain and wisteria papers, Bazzill cardstock, Setiment stamp from Inkadinkadoo and flower stamp from close to my heart. the lace was from my current stash. Of course I just had to spend hours trying to upload my image as I was having computer issues. Gotta love technology and to think I used to work with it.
This was the photo inspiration for Basic Greys challenge. I liked the softness of it so I shredded the edges on my card a bit and added some faux stitching. I think the lace also added a soft touch.
thanks for peeking! As always your comments are greatly appreciated. have a good night all! Angela

4 comments:

Sue said...

Hi Angela
gorgeous card beautiful image luv thje soft colours & the paper curl. Thank you for joining us at Totally papercrafts this week, hope to see you next week, sue,x

Poppet said...

I love everything about this card, the colours, the paper etc. Very shabby chic.
:-) xx

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Hi Angela!
Beautiful card...I love LOVE the colors as much as I love the photo that was the inspiration! Those colors are so soothing...I love the soft and muted colors.
I see you know Zandra...isn't she soooo creative? I love all of her albums and layouts.
I'm always peeking in to see what's next...you girls are just so talented!!!!
Nice to meet you :)

Jo Nevill said...

Such a gorgeous, pretty card. Just love the image you have used.

Thank you for joining us at BasicGrey Challenges.

Hugs,

Jo and the BasicGrey Challenges DT x